Name: Kelly Brianne Clarkson Blackstock
Birth Date: April 24, 1982
Nicknames: Kellbelle, Kell Bell, Bell Kell
Siblings: Jason and Alyssa
Parents: Jeanne Ann Rose and Stephen Michael Clarkson
Children: River Rose Blackstock and Remington Alexander Blackstock and step children Savannah and Seth Blackstock
Birth Place: Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Growing Place: Burleson, Texas, USA
Height: 1.62m (5”4)
Mother’s Name: Jeanne Ann Rose
Father’s Name: Stephen Michael Clarkson
Stepfather’s Name: Jimmy Taylor.
Siblings: Jason and Alyssa
Best Friend: Jessica, who helped her entering in American Idol
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Fragance: Vanilla
Favorite Movie: Gone With The Wind
Favorite Actress: Meryl Streep
Favorite TV Program: Friends, Will And Grace and Lost
Favorite Book: Old romances and also Harry Potter
Inspiration: Aerosmith, Mariah Carey, Aretha Franklin, AC/DC, Annie Lenox, Reba McEntire and etc.
Most Important Day Of Her Life: Grammy Awards 2006
First Appearance at TV: Sabrina, The Teenager Witch
Favorite Song: “Why”, Annie Lenox, and “Against All Odds”, Phill Collins
High School Crush: Matt Penwarden
Eye Color: Hazel
First Concert: Celine Dion
Most Embarrassing Moment: Like every other girl in the world, my most embarrassing moment had to do with a guy completely turning me down. His loss!
Favorite Song Written By Her: “Addicted”
- Originally wanted to be a marine biologist but changed her mind when she saw the movie Jaws (1975).
- Graduated from Burleson High School, Burleson, Texas in 2000.
- Was a cocktail waitress at a comedy club in Arlington, Texas and at Hyena’s Comedy Club in Downtown Fort Worth, Texas.
- Used to work at a bookstore and at a zoo.
- Used to work at Hollywood Theatres in Burleson, Texas.
- Is of Greek, Welsh, and Irish descent.
- As a child, her favorite thing to wear was a Mickey Mouse t-shirt.
- Ranked #92 in FHM’s 100 Sexiest Women in the World (2005).
- Underwent LASIK eye surgery to correct her vision
- Parents divorced when she was six.
- Said in a Reader’s Digest interview that as a toddler, she would often walk around naked and that, to this day, hates wearing clothes. Calls wardrobe fittings “the death of me”.
- Considers her Texas home her “sanctuary” and turns off her cell phone when going home.
- Had jobs as a teenager and determined that once she started making money as a musician, she never wanted to have to take a job for the money. Working with her business manager, she said she has financially set herself up for life.
- Performed Ave Maria for Pope Benedict XVI on April 19, 2008. This took place at St. Joseph’s Seminary, Yonkers, New York.
- Was an extra on the show “Sabrina, the Teenage Witch” (1996).
- Kelly stayed up all night before her “American Idol: The Search for a Superstar” (2002) audition so she wouldn’t sleep through the alarm, which she frequently did in high school.
- She won the first “American Idol” contest, September 4, 2002. Her first single came out in late September of that year.
- Beat out more than 10,000 people to land a $1 million recording contract on American Idol.
- Her first single, “A Moment Like This”, set records by jumping from number 52 to the number 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Her first single sold nearly 250,000 copies in its first week.
- Sang the National Anthem at The Day of Service in Washington D.C., on September 11, 2002.
- Christina Aguilera co-wrote her hit, “Miss Independent”.
- Came in second place in World Idol (2003) (TV).
- Avril Lavigne co-wrote her new single ‘Breakaway’ which is on the soundtrack for The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004).
- Debut album, “Thankful” went double platinum.
- Is the first artist in the Billboard Radio Monitor era to hold the No. 1 spot at Mainstream Top 40 and AC during the same week with two different songs (Breakaway and Since U Been Gone).
- Became the first artist to have two songs in the top three of Billboard’s Pop 100 Airplay chart (Since U Been Gone, Behind These Hazel Eyes)
- Her music video for “Because of You” debuted at #1 on TRL. The only other artists to achieve this goal are Britney Spears, Eminem and “N’SYNC”.
- Why Do You Want To Be An AMERICAN IDOL – Being on a stage in front of millions is the biggest rush for me. It’s like I’m kind of nervous at first, but once I get out there I never want to leave the stage. I also think that the industry could use a little class.
- If you couldn’t sing, what talent would you want? – I’ve always wanted to pick up the guitar. I just think it’s the coolest instrument.
- Favorite Judge? Why? – I like them all, but if I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be Paula simply because I am more familiar with her.
- Least Favorite Judge? Why? – To be perfectly honest, I like them all.
- Anything You Would Not Change To Become The American Idol? – I’m happy with myself. Of course, there are little things here and there that I wish were smaller and bigger, but I don’t know one person who is perfectly satisfied with their physical appearance.
- What’s In Your CD Player Right Now – “A Beautiful Day” by U2
- What are you going to call your first CD? -“Mood Swings”, “Running Late” or “Sleeping In”.
- Album Your Friends Would Be Surprised You Own – A couple of Bing Crosby CDs